Interested In Becoming a Poll worker: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED VOTER OF ARMSTRONG COUNTY. This form may be emailed, printed and mailed, or dropped off to the Armstrong Elections Administrator. Please note that to submit by email , the form must first be downloaded to your computer.
POLL WORKER RESOURCES:
Early Voting Ballot Board and SVC Handbook
New Poll Worker Terminology
Poll Watcher's Guide
Handbook For Election Judges and Clerks (SOS Texas)
The State of Texas Online Poll Worker Training
Student Election Workers
Legislation passed on September 1, 2009 allows students 16 years or older to serve as election clerks. According to the Texas Secretary of State’s Office, the purpose of this legislation is two-fold:
1. Introduces students to the electoral process and inspires them to take an interest in their government
2. Provides election authorities with an additional reservoir of persons who can serve at the polls
Eligible students must be:
- A U.S. Citizen and resident of Williamson County
- 16 years or older on Election Day
- Enrolled in school (public, private or qualified home school) with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Have the written consent of a parent or guardian to participate
The Texas Education Code includes service as an election clerk as an acceptable “excused absence”.
If you are interested please email email@example.com or call 806-410-1297 for further information or if you have any questions.
The Armstrong County Elections Department encourages all eligible students with an interest in the democratic process to apply.